Friday, March 18, 2011

On the Cape...

Having never been to Cape Cod, I wanted to see it. So I drove out there from Mansfield. Unfortunately, I didn't have near enough time to traverse the whole length of the arm and only made it about halfway. There is much that is pretty about the Cape, but I almost didn't notice for the horrific traffic.

Actually, first stop was at Plymouth Rock, but that ended up being mostly a drive-by as there wasn't a chance in hell of finding a parking spot. And anyways, I hear that the "Rock" is really more like a pebble... Oh well, next time...




I liked many of the houses.

Since I had the Ouraydog along with me (poor guy), I found a place that looked somewhat promising for a walk of sorts. The walk was very short and poison oak abounded. The sun was out, and it was too hot. But Ouray made "good use" of his time, and this was the pretty scene below our trail, so not all was wasted! (hmm, pun intended??)

Yeah, yeah, another cemetary...

Don't they look kinda cool somehow? It's history, it's aura, it's...creepy? No, not to me!

Another typical, neat house and nice yard. There were many, much fancier houses in parts of the Cape. A lot of money in those areas, to be sure!!!


I liked their book signs! I'm afraid I wasn't fast enough to get a shot of the "Sandwich" sign, but I would've loved one of those! Most of my photos from this area were drive-bys, and quickly done at that, because a) did I mention the horrendous traffic??, and b) zero pull-outs/pull-overs/shoulders!! This was a VERY frustrating area to try and photograph at all!!!! Also made for a tiring day.


Mo' money. It's a mighty fine-looking spot if you can afford it! But I'll bet you can't (and neither could we!!!!!!!!)!


No comments:

Post a Comment