Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Drives around Blossvale, NY

One outing was to Syracuse for a few supplies, and just to see the city. Here are a couple of shots of some buildings I liked.



The other outing I'll share here was into the Adirondacks. I had two passengers with me for this one...


Yeah, Ouray usually claims shotgun, and poor Senny gets stuck in the back. But that might be easier for her - she's such a long dog. She can curl up into an amazingly small, tight little ball when she wants to, but I think she might generally prefer the more spacious settings!

Does this look like Little House on the Prairie or what?!

Probably my favorite scene on this drive. The picture doesn't do it justice, of course, but take my word for it - it was a beautiful spot! Even if it was right off a VERY busy road (it was a summer Sunday - silly me for picking that day of the week!!! There really weren't ANY breaks from the traffic)...

A lake near Old Forge (First Lake?) where we ate our Subway sandwich.

Of course we had to stop and see the masses of whirligigs outside one shop!!! If it hadn't have been so darned expensive - and if we'd had a place to put it (actually we probably could just put it out each time we park at most places!) - I would've bought this for Billy in a heartbeat! Looks just like Tractor, don't it? Well, c'mon. He's been for lots of bike rides with us now. And a cat who proudly sticks his head in a Kleenex box and wears it?! I'm sure he'd get the hang of riding his own bike in no time! And look at the company he'd have - skeletons and monkeys and parrots? He'd love it!!!

No, don't worry - the 5th wheelers waited for the fawns to cross over. Otherwise, you know I'd be there in front of them!!! What I couldn't quite understand was that Mama Deer was way BEHIND her babies, still checking out stuff. Too busy eating all that good grass. Hmm, not sure I'd give her the Mother of the Year award!

A cool barn on the way back home.

One of my favorite things - field of flowers!





No comments:

Post a Comment