Thursday, March 31, 2011

A little more Acadia

I so enjoyed my hike at Acadia, I persuaded Bill to go back with me on a subsequent day. This experience was a little different than my solo day, however. When I did the Beehive, I ended up on the road and beach parts towards the end of the day, and there were only a few people still out and about. It was cool and very peaceful and pretty. When Bill and I went it was bright sunshine, hot, and VERY crowded! Still pretty though.

If I remember correctly this is Otter Cove but looking inland instead of out to sea.


We did hike a little around Jordan Pond. But we did NOT attempt to wade through the tourist population to obtain the famous popovers at the Jordan Pond House!



Those two bumps in the background are the Bubble Mountains.






And then up Cadillac Mtn.


Looking down at Bar Harbor.




No comments:

Post a Comment