Monday, March 14, 2011

More bike path

The next morning I hooked onto the old Erie Canal again but riding in the other direction (upstream) this time.
And again, I was not always alone...! But this guy was much easier to avoid than the little frog from yesterday!

And Canada geese (which were everywhere on our trip! esp. in the NE!), right on the trail, no less! And looking at me like "What are YOU doing on our trail?!"





At one point, the trail sort of ends as it runs into the railroad! But some kindly gentleman, who was working with the trains at the time, helped me lift my bike over the rails, so on I went. However, the trail soon seemed to peter out entirely! I ended up just biking along a road that seemed to parallel the river and old canal, more or less. But I could no longer see either. So I rode for awhile, into the town of Rotterdam, and then decided to turn back.





Another look at the Mohawk River, with our campground and marina on the right side, near the bend.





No comments:

Post a Comment