Thursday, March 4, 2010

Please don't harass the animals...


On the 16th, we visited their Living Desert. Pretty neat, although not quite as impressive as the Tucson version. And most of the critters were either off-exhibit or hiding from the cold! But, as you will see, the few that showed up were provided with a little entertainment Barton-style...


This poor mountie was only around 6 years old but had bad arthritis. He was limpy and grouchy/growly. But Bill spoke his language and got him playing "get the hat" in no time! Probably the most fun he'd had in a long time...
Poor Grumpy.
Actually, I could tell that he enjoyed the little diversion with Bill, because after we'd both walked away, I went back, and Grumpy talked to me! His duck quacks told me he'd had a good time!

Grumpy shared the enclosure with this pretty girl. Cougars are normally loners in the wild, and these two cats weren't too keen on the togetherness deal (probably part of Grumpy's seemingly bad humor...)

Not much interaction with this robin, but I was happy he stood still long enough for me to include him in this parade!


No comments:

Post a Comment