Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And on to Carlsbad...


Hello again!
On Feb. 13th, we moved on to Carlsbad, NM.
After we'd gotten the RV all set up in our KOA site, I had time to sit and take inventory of certain things, like my now hot, swollen, and throbbing cat-chewed finger (Bactine struck out)! So, next stop ended up being the Carlsbad ER (the only medical facility open there late Saturday afternoon)! It took three hours, but they took good care of me, and boy, was I grateful they were available - otherwise, I would've had to wait till Monday, and I'll bet that infection would've progressed right along by then!! Afterwards, I tried to get my antibiotic Rx filled at two different pharmacies - both were closed! Hmmm...just part of the small town deal, I guess! Fortunately, the Dr. had given me a horsepill antibiotic to get things started, so I was good till morning anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment