Saturday, March 6, 2010

Beautiful Balmorhea!

Balmorhea is a spring fed pool with incredibly clear water. It's an oasis in the west Texas desert, with water flowing through it at 22 million gallons per day! The temps stay between 70 and 76 degrees. Perfect for me, impossibly freezing for Billy! (although I was glad it was sunny and warm that day...!)

And you are not alone in the pool! I was so bummed not to have a mask and snorkel for seeing all the neat underwater rock formations, fish, and the big turtle someone told me was in there too!!

I learned on-line that Balmorhea is actually a combo of the land developers' names: Balcome, Moore, and Rhea! Whatever the origin, I love the name - it's very cool!




The changing facilities.

Balmorhea also has places to stay on-site, from cool old-style motel rooms to RV spots. And gorgeous giant trees.




No comments:

Post a Comment