Saturday, June 4, 2011

PEI, Explored - Part 1

I was very curious about Prince Edward Island. I first knew of it because of Anne Shirley (Anne with an e!!!) and her famous Green Gables and Avonlea. I didn't read the well-loved books but saw the wonderful movies with Megan Follows, Colleen Dewhurst, and Richard Farnsworth. I absolutely love the movies and feel that Anne, Matthew, and Marilla were ALL kindred spirits!! I also heard of PEI from people and reviews that raved about the beauty of the island. But also from a few who said it wasn't worth the trip... But we'd come too far not to see it and decide for ourselves! So...

We found PEI to be well worth the visit! Largely agricultural, it is very pastoral and charming. While it does nurse the Anne of Green Gables connection, it really does not overdo it in my opinion and is not very touristy at all! To me, it was a very quiet, understated place. Not quite as "glamorously beautiful" as in the movies but serene and sweet nonetheless.


The islands are filled with scenes like these...





































(the Confederation Bridge in the distance - at sunset)













Convinced? Or still don't know if this is a place you'd like to see in person someday? Well, then stay tuned for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment