Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Skipping over to Skidaway

May 12th - we moved to Skidaway Island State Park. What a great name, eh?! We needed to pick up our mail, general delivery, in Savannah, but we'd already been to Savannah on a previous trip so didn't want to stay in the city itself. And we'd been enjoying the state parks, so we booked this one, a little ways away from Savannah.
Tracky in a box!
This guy loves boxes. Yeah, I know, ALL cats love boxes. But some of Tractor's best friends are boxes! He and boxes were meant to be together. Just wait - you'll see (coming up in a later blog...)!
Check out the lovely trails at this park.
Great walking partners!

Bill and I are so lucky to have such a great family - well, missing two members here, but it's a little hard taking everyone on a walk at once! Plus, those other two can be a bit slow...!

Looking at some of the marshland surrounding Skidaway.


A nice boardwalk to a lookout stand over the marsh.

And what the heck are all these little light-colored dots all over the sand??

Enlarge this, and you'll see what those dots are!! There were TONS of crabs under the boardwalk!! But man are they observant and FAST!!! Guess there lives depend on those qualities - but I congratulate the heron that can capture one of these puppies!!! I had a hard time just getting a picture - guess I'm not very good at the sneaking-up thing, at least not on tiny crabs!?!

Someone special I saw while on a bike ride on one of the trails. Unfortunately for him/her, I saw a slight movement in the bushes. Off my bike, and I was following this poor little snake into the woods. He/She took it well though.

Another cute forest creature! Very good-looking, and talk about blending into one's environment!!

Nice light.





No comments:

Post a Comment