Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Grand Finale (Part II - Birding)

So here you see the boardwalk over the swamp again. And the wonderful trees all around, just loaded with nesting birds! All kinds of herons, egrets, storks, and roseate spoonbills, and probably a few other types!
I'm not 100% sure on my bird species here, but I think this is some kind of stork, making a special delivery of nesting material.

Coming in for a landing - make way! Some of the trees were pretty crowded!

I mean, talk about shared housing...!

That's what these baby egrets are saying, no doubt! "Man, move over, you're in my spotlight! Mom likes me the best, and I'm going to get regurgitated on first!"

Check out this chick's hairdo!

And some adult birds, who look like they're still trying to get some action...
Another bird who's already seen some action!

A fine looking fellow.

And well...would this qualify as a bad or good hair day?? "Honey, would you still marry me if I looked like this every morning?"

A herony thing. Probably trying to discern his/her babies from everyone else's! "Let's see, which nest was mine again?!"

The haunted jungle... (beware of the Bad Hair Monsters lurking!)

Roseate wings. Like a pink x-ray.

Hello Ms. Spoonbill! And how are you on this fine day?

OK, looks like some kind of common bird, but look at those flashy, irridescent colors!
And now? On to Georgia!




1 comment:

  1. These photos today are fabulous, especially those with the baby chicks. Too cute! Glad you had such a great time there.

    ReplyDelete