Friday, September 17, 2010

Manatee Springs SP


Our next stop was another springs, and it was very pretty too!

There were so many great things about our visit here! And one of them was the armadillos!!!!!!! Bill had always told me about these guys being prolific in Texas, but I all I ever saw of them there was roadkill! And hardly any of that (thank goodness). So to finally see a live one was wonderful! And I got to see many of them. You'll need to click to enlarge this photo though, or you won't see his little bum running away from the photographer!

Lots of wildlife at this state park!!! Armadillos all over (and they're hilarious! They don't seem to have very good eyesight, so they must rely more on their hearing. So I could sneak up on them pretty good until I'd step on a snappy twig! And then they'd leap straight up in the air and scoot off!). Deer moseying around (including right outside your RV! You could look out the window and see six deer just right there!). All kinds of fish and turtles in the spring, or in the Suwannee River, which the spring feeds into. And...

Another (water?) snake! Sorry snake-loathers... But I had to hurry to get this guy's photo. He told me he was just passing through!

When we got here, there were quite a few people swimming in the spring. I was so envious! All that beautiful clear water, filled with cool fish and turtles and...?! So we ran to Walmart (only about 6 miles away) and got goggles and snorkel, and in I went! It was worth it! Very neato!

And the star of the show...in the spotlight...? Yep, a darn squirrel. But he looked so good there!




No comments:

Post a Comment