Thursday, September 16, 2010

Florida Caverns - our first springs!


Bill and I went to the Florida Caverns State Park to see what we were missing (I had wanted to camp there but couldn't make reservations) and to see the Blue Hole Springs, which looked really pretty in some photos I found on-line. Those photos didn't do it justice...

This was our very first Florida spring, and it was gorgeous! I just love that color of water!! It reminds me of glacial lakes!!!
VIEWER WARNING: The item you are about to see below is NOT intended for the
snake-hyperphobic reader!!!!!!
They're a lot bigger than this photo suggests, but if you enlarge it... The park ranger who spotted them and brought them to our attention said they were brown banded water snakes - or something like that... Harmless. But pretty risque!!! Right out in the open, and in the middle of day like that! Goodness!! (and I wonder which one's which! pretty good size difference!)

OK, I have to say I got very excited when I went over a little bridge they had farther back from the main pool. The look was so completely ethereal to me!!! It was fantastic!!! This is definitely one of the moments where photography = addiction. I HAD to take photos of this stuff!!!!!

And while it was very hard to capture the look I wanted and was seeing, and the light kept changing with each passing breeze, I think I got close to getting a good photo. And with all the various and incredible places we've been to, and all the billions of photos I've taken (who, me?!!), you'd think I'd have plenty of photos I was happy with and excited about. But, honestly, I think maybe there have been about two so far. Between San Diego and Torreya - two. The other photo was the B&W one of the Saguaro cacti in Tucson. And I doubt it would win any awards, but it had a cool look to me. And this one has an otherworldly feel for me, which I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment