Sunday, February 13, 2011

Exploring N. PA


On all of our RV outings, I have done my best to see and experience the areas we stopped at.

and to see the local color (and for them to see me!!).
One of the pretty farms, many of which are surrounded by miles of either corn or potato fields.

An unplanned detour to Jakes Rocks takes me up a hill, on a road winding through beautiful forest and fern-lined pavement...

to an incredible overlook of the Allegheny River (that little white dot in the water is a speedboat - kind of a lot of water, eh?).

And...more Amish! I just had to grab this quick shot of the buggy, seemingly heading towards Walmart!! (in reality, I think it might've been going to a neighboring place, but then again, I'm not sure...?!)

A play day for some (lucky me!!), but still a work day for so many others.

I love the patriotism I see in so much of America's "heartland." So many of our soldiers come from these areas - and we give our them thanks from the bottom of our hearts.

Another historical sight - back when barns were billboards...



1 comment:

  1. Hey Carrie-it's Terry from the mudslide fog adventure today at Daley Ranch:) Nice photos!

    Here are some photos of Daley Ranch today:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=223678&id=1361427917&l=5730b75875

    ReplyDelete