Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Tribute


When Bill and I were first starting off on our full-time RVing adventure, I had some questions and went on-line to find the answers. In so doing, I "met" another Winnebago TOUR owner. She and her hubby, Bruce, had been full-timing for just a couple years. She and I exchanged occasional emails over this last year, from our respective parts of the country.
Some of you may have noticed that a few folks leave comments after some of the blog entries (and some of you have actually been the comment leavers! I think you have to have a google account to do so...). Well, the most faithful commenter I had, by far, was "Margie M." - our fellow TOUR traveler.
Margie always left sweet little notes. After looking at her blogs more (http://www.bruceandmargiesfulltimejourney.blogspot.com/ and
http://myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com/), I see she followed tons of peoples' blogs (and no doubt left notes on many of them! ) - I don't know how she found the time to do that as well as everything else! But she obviously touched many people - all over the country.
I recently emailed Margie and got a response from her daughter - Margie and her husband were killed by a wreckless (apparently suicidal) driver on Oct. 16th.
While I had never met Margie in person, she seemed like such a nice woman, I enjoyed getting her emails and blog comments, and I was hoping to meet her some day. When I read that email, I was in total shock. And that reality is still making me very sad.
I guess I'm putting this up as a little thank you to her, as a hope that she and her loved one are in that better place, and as a reminder to all who might benefit from such a thing - live life now. What do you want? What do you wish? Who do you love? Do it, live it, love them...now.
May you experience all the bountiful blessings that you brought while you were here with us, Margie. We will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment