Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Hike

One of the main reasons friend Don mentioned Table Rock was for the hike up to...? Table Rock, of course! So I planned the hike for one of the two days we were going to be there. It was a nice cool, cloudy day - one of my favorites for hiking. Rain was also forecast for the day, but I was hoping to beat it up the hill. I didn't. It showed up way ahead of time. So that meant no views from the top and hiking in a virtual mini-river for much of the time. But it was still great fun and worth it!
Some super-cool, unusual flowers enroute.
Up near the top, there were some big rock sections to cross. To help with these (especially nice to have on a potentially slippery day like this day!), steps had been cut out.

Here I am, at the top, completely soaked through and dripping wet!

Back down, walking through water much of the way.


Yes, this is also the trail.

A pretty fungus amongus.





No comments:

Post a Comment