Sunday, August 29, 2010

BAMA or bust!

First stop: Birmingham. Saturday, August 10th. See? We're making progress!
I had wanted us to stay at the Oak Mountain State Park, but it was the weekend, and they were apparently already booked, so we settled for the privately owned Birmingham South RV Park. They had gotten good reviews and were practically the only other game in town. But they also had a secret. A dirty BIG secret!! Behind the campground, hidden by trees, is a train track... Only a short distance away, this track got run over by trains all night, and the conductors particularly enjoyed laying on the horn the entire way through the city!!! I got all of one hour of sleep that night and was fearful that this stop would be nothing short of hell for moi!!! I woke up disturbed and fuming!!! But thank goodness, I found some good earplugs and was so exhausted, I actually slept through the trains the next night! Phew!! And lucky for the campground owners, I held off on doing my review till after our stay (has become my policy), so they ended up with a more positive rating overall, but I certainly warned folks of the train issue!!!!!!
The other exciting thing that started off this stay was Tractor puking all over our bed! He managed to hit the dog throw on top, the comforter, the carpet, and the cabinetry. The guy really gets around... So I was quite busy with laundry that evening... And yes, he was fine. He just manages to get car sick sometimes, even in the motor home. Needless to say, the catfood dish always gets picked up early now on moving days!!!!
He ain't heavy...he's my brother.
Do these two look stressed to you? Do you think cats and dogs can get along OK?
Tractor and Ouray know how to ride in style!!!! They are often on the couch together on our moving days.
A super cool fountain sculpture in downtown Birmingham. We just loved it!! The photos don't do it justice of course, but the artist really captured all the cute critters and set the scene! The creator was Frank Fleming, and the theme was storytelling...

Bill "caught" in the crossfire. :)

Another attempt to show the fountain.

A hilltop look at the heart of the city.



No comments:

Post a Comment