Saturday, June 26, 2010

Downtown Galveston: the "old city cemetary"

Some of you already know how into cemetaries I am! They are interesting places, and some of them are really neat, photographically speaking. My great aunt Emily - who made it to almost 92 - used to have me take her to various cemetaries, to visit her friends and family... I think it was with her that I became so comfortable with being in such places.
Galveston's main cemetary was divided into two parts - I preferred the older section.
Some of the tombstones are so amazing and beautiful.


"Say not good-night, but in some brighter clime bid me good-morning."

These are also good places to remember what gifts/people we need to constantly re-appreciate. As my grandpa (Auntie Em's brother) used to say (and probably a lot of other people have said it as well...!), "the only guarantee in life is change."
Nothing, and nobody, lasts forever...



The memorials for babies and youngsters are especially sad.




No comments:

Post a Comment