Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rockport outing

We did a short drive up north to Rockport.

Nice piers.

Across the street - the Fulton Mansion
Their cool-weird beach.

Lots o' birds!

I was wishing for my long lens for these (avocets?). I could've gotten a little closer, but I was trying not to ruin it for another photographer couple, who DID have their long lens and tripod.

As it turned out, someone else kinda ruined it for them anyways! Oh well.

This poor heron was intent on swallowing this big ol' plastic bag with who knows what in it. Success didn't look likely (I sure hope not), but he was very persistent. See what happens to the plastic trash that doesn't get disposed of properly?

A stop at Goose Island State Park and to see Texas' biggest (factoring in crown, circumference, and height) tree, an old live oak.


I loved this note the tree wrote for us (you will definitely have to click on the image and view it larger to be able to read it!).

Not THE biggest tree but one of it's more photogenic neighbors (in sepia).

Hello baby moo-moo!!

Here's me, getting excited about these few little flowers...

Yellowy algae growing on a lagoony-type place.

The 50 Stars. And The Lone Star.

OK, here are more flowers. But still not like that other field of them Sandy, Kent, & Lucy found after our visit!

The drive back. Nice, eh? That's not haze. It's blowing sand/dirt. It's so damn windy there all the time! I guess it's not uncommon for a bit of the plowed fields to end up in the air!





No comments:

Post a Comment